The Consortium funds software development activities that benefit the open source project.
In 2021-22, we are funding WiGig module maintenance via maintainer Sebastien Deronne.
- initial phase (through Sept. 2021): Progress report
- current phase (initiated Oct. 2021): Port WiGig classes to new architecture, add DMG PHY entity, add DMG MAC FEM.
In 2020, we funded ns-3 wifi module maintenance via maintainer Sebastien Deronne. The work was conducted in two phases, as summarized in the following reports:
- Phase 1 (through May 2020): PHY abstraction, Bianchi example, and rate controls
- Phase 2 (through December 2020): LAA-Wifi coexistence, PHY error models, and PHY refactoring work
The previously organized ns-3 Consortium (which ran from 2012-2018) funded the following.
- The port of ns-3 for Visual Studio 2012 was organized by the Consortium in 2013.