If you intend to use the ns-3 simulation libraries to explore the behavior of existing models by writing new simulation scripts in C++ or python, the following sections attempt to answer common questions that we see regularly on our mailing-lists. If you have questions that are not answered here, consider looking at our fairly extensive documentation or asking your question on our ns-3-users mailing-list.
- ns-2 & ns-3: high-level questions about how ns-3 relates to ns-2
- Setup: how to download ns-3 and setup a working environment on your local machine
- Running scripts: how to run existing simulation scripts
- Writing scripts: how to write new simulation scripts
- Miscellaneous: common programming questions related to using ns-3