NetAnim (Version 3.103) was bundled with ns-3.16. It is also available via mercurial by using:”hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/netanim”. The release notes are available at Release Notes. For more details refer the wiki page.
Some of the features available in this version are:
Tabulating Node positions (X,Y co-ordinates) vs time.
Plotting the path of a mobile node vs time. This may be useful to visualize the distance between 2 nodes at various simulation time.
- Tabulating packet transmission and reception between nodes vs time.
- Displaying brief packet meta-data with the ability to do regex filtering on the text
Ability to go back and forward smoothly in simulation time using the Sim-time slider
Support for setting the following attributes before simulation and modifying them during simulation
- P2p Link Description
- Color of the nodes
- Visibility of the nodes
- Description of the nodes (Default is Node ID)
- Built-in support for printing the IP and MAC at the interfaces. Currently if there is a text overlap, the IP/MAC text will be positioned outside the scene and connected by light blue line, to prevent clutter.
- XML Tags for packet and wpacket now support “p” and “wp” respectively (instead of “packet” and “wpacket”), to save disk-space.
9 Ability to capture the animation trace file for a given time slot rather than the entire simulation