This release is immediately available from here.
ns-3.3 has been tested on the following platforms:
- linux x86 gcc 4.2, 4.1, and, 3.4.6.
- linux x86_64 gcc 4.3.2, 4.2.3, 4.2.1, 4.1.3, 3.4.6
- MacOS X ppc and x86
- cygwin gcc 3.4.4 (debug only)
Not all ns-3 options are available on all platforms; consult the Installation page for more information.
New user-visible features
- Emulated Net Device: A new net device has been added as enabling technology for ns-3 emulation scenarios. See src/devices/emu and examples/emu-udp-echo.cc for details.
- ICMP: Support for several ICMP messages has been added to ns-3. See src/internet-stack/icmpv4.h for details.
- IPv6 Address: new clases to support IPv6 addresses has been added to the system. This is enabling technology for fuller IPv6 support scheduled for ns-3.4.
- A flow-id tag has been added to the contributed code section
- Star topologies can be created from the topology helper functions
- The global routing code has been made dynamic (not just limited to (pre-simulation computation) and supports stub network interfaces and bridge net devices
- A MatchContainer has been added to the configuration subsystem
ns-3 build is known to fail on the following platforms:
- gcc 3.3 and earlier
- optimized builds on gcc 3.4.4 and 3.4.5
- optimized builds on linux x86 gcc 4.0.x
- optimized builds on Ubuntu 8.10 alpha 5 x86 gcc4.3.2