This release is immediately available from here.
ns-3.5 has been tested on the following platforms:
- linux x86 gcc 4.2, 4.1, and, 3.4.6.
- linux x86_64 gcc 4.4.0, 4.3.2, 4.2.3, 4.2.1, 4.1.3, 3.4.6
- MacOS X ppc and x86 (gcc 4.0.x and 4.2.x)
- cygwin gcc 3.4.4 (debug only), gcc 4.3.2 (debug and optimized)
- mingw gcc 3.4.5 (debug only)
Not all ns-3 options are available on all platforms; consult the Installation page for more information.
New user-visible features
- 802.11 MAC:
- EDCA multi-qos-class support (Mirko Banchi)
- 802.11n initial support for A-MSDU frame aggregation (Mirko Banchi)
- aarf-cd and cara rate control algorithms (Federico Maguolo)
- 802.11 PHY:
- 802.11b PHY support (Gary Pei)
- Nakagami propagation loss model (Timo Bingmann)
- radiotap and prism headers for PCAP output (Nicola Baldo)
- GammaVariable and ErlangVariable (Timo Bingmann)
- ZipfVariable (Francesco Malandrino)
- UdpEcho: allows setting the payload of echo packets
- Ipv4/Ipv4RoutingProtocol: allow fine-grained control over routing policy and arbitrary composition of routing protocols
ns-3 build is known to fail on the following platforms:
- gcc 3.3 and earlier
- optimized builds on gcc 3.4.4 and 3.4.5
- optimized builds on linux x86 gcc 4.0.x
Our next release, which is expected to happen in 2 to 4 months from now, will feature the merging of some of our projects currently in development including fuller IPv6 support, some smaller features such as a new Global ARP package, and possibly a new Testing and Validation suite.