Note: Please see below about the ns-3.30.1 release update of ns-3.30.
ns-3.30 was released on August 21, 2019. ns-3.30 was updated to ns-3.30.1 on September 18, 2019. ns-3.30 includes the following new features:
- Radio Link Failure (RLF) functionality for LTE is now supported.
- Cobalt queue disc model for traffic control
- Wi-Fi preamble detection can now be modelled and is enabled by default.
- 802.11ax spatial reuse features are now supported.
- LTE/EPC model enhanced with new features: SGW, PGW, MME are full nodes; new S5 interface between SGW and PGW, allows simulations with multiple SGW/PGW
- LTE eNB RRC extended to support improved S1 signalling model
- LTE backhaul links can now use any link technology, not just point-to-point
- ShowProgress object can be used to report on simulation execution
Finally, the release includes numerous bug fixes and small improvements, listed in the RELEASE_NOTES.
The ns-3.30.1 release download is available from this link.
- A patch to upgrade from ns-3.29 to ns-3.30 can be found here
- A patch to upgrade from ns-3.30 to the updated ns-3.30.1 can be found here
- What has changed since ns-3.29? Consult the changes and RELEASE_NOTES pages for ns-3.30.
- What has changed in the maintenance ns-3.30.1 updated release? Consult the RELEASE_NOTES page for ns-3.30.1.
The documentation is available in several formats from this link.
- Errata containing late-breaking information about the release can be found here